My name is Amanda Martinez and I am a first-year Health Management and Policy student at the School of Public. I am so excited to be contributing to the SPH blog and hope you’ll join me on my journey as I earn my Master of Public Health. I promise to be honest and open about my experiences and hope you find my reflections, observations, and curiosities worth reading and/or sharing!
5 Facts About Myself:
- I am originally from California, and have since lived in Utah and Arizona.
- I graduated from Arizona State University with a B.S. in Political Science, a B.A. in Global Studies, and a Certificate in Global Entrepreneurship.
- I am engaged to a medical student at MSU (our rivals – Go BLUE!) and we are getting married next July, 2017 here in Michigan.
- I serve as a Class Representative for my 2018 graduating HMP cohort. This means I get to plan fun bonding events and fundraisers as well as serve as a liaison between faculty and students for my class.
- The best things in life (in my humble opinion): good books, yummy tea, baking sweet things for sweet friends, running races, and eating Greek yogurt with baby spoons.
Stick around or follow the blog to keep up with the posts. Expect a “before and after” reflection on my first semester coming next!